Last updated on October 24th, 2023 at 15:12
This article is an all you need to know to make an amazing mocha cookie crumble frappuccino at home and make that top-selling Starbucks frappuccino at home like a professional barista.
Kee reading for that amazing mocha cookie crumble Frappuccino recipe and instructions!.
What Is A Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino?
Table Of Contents
- 1 What Is A Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino?
- 2 What Is In A Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino?
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions About Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino
- 4 Final Thoughts – Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino
If you are wondering what a mocha cookie crumble frappuccino is, it’s a tasty, delicious, delightful and decadent rich Starbucks frappuccino that is made with mocha sauce, milk, java chips, cookie crumble, coffee (a double shot of espresso), whipped cream and a cheeky drizzle of mocha sauce.
It’s rich, sweet, chocolatey and tastes more like a gourmet chocolate milk drink than a coffee beverage.
The Starbucks mocha cookie crumble is the top-selling frappuccino drink at the world’s best known coffee shop.
What Is In A Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino?
You can make this Starbucks mocha cookie crumble at home easily and with just 7 ingredients, which are as follows:
- Milk Of Your Choice: You can use any milk, whole fat, skimmed, 2% coconut milk, oat milk, soy milk, almond milk are all good choices.
- Strong Coffee: A double shot of espresso is best, brewed coffee works well too. Moka pot, Aeropress are brewing methods to consider also. Dark roasted coffee will bring through a good coffee flavor.
- Mocha Sauce: This is what gives the drink its decadence, the rich chocolate flavor. Hershey’s Sugar-free chocolate sauce and Davinci Gourmet Sugar-free Chocolate Syrup are great choices.
- Oreo Cookies: The world-famous cookies are crushed and blended into the drink and used to decorate it.
- Java Chips: These are chocolate chips that are used in blended beverages. Both the Java chips and the Oreo cookies add to the texture.
- Whipped Cream: Many consider this an optional ingredient. I consider it an essential ingredient for three reasons: taste, texture and decoration.
- Crushed Ice: This is a frozen beverage and crushed ice is needed for that frozen effect.
- Xanthan Gum: This is needed to help bind your ingredients together. It’s an emulsifying agent.
These super seven ingredients are what make this drink an amazing and enjoyable beverage. At Latte Love Brew we aim at using the most delicious ingredients to get the most delicious end result. It’s the chef’s principle, the best ingredients get the best results.
Ingredients For Making An Amazing Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino At Home
The ingredients are easily found in your local stores or online:
- Half A Cup Of Whole Milk.
- 2 Tablespoons of Mocha Sauce – Hershey’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Sauce
- A double shot of espresso (2 oz, 60 ml) or 4 Oz (120 ml) of Brewed coffee.
- 1 cup of crushed ice.
- I Tablespoon of Java chips.
- 4 Oreo cookies.
- Whipped cream.
- Half a teaspoon of Xanathan gum.
The method of elaborating this tasty copycat Starbucks mocha cookie crumble recipe only takes a few minutes.
Start by brewing a double shot of espresso. If you don’t have a home espresso machine, make a moka coffee or an Aeropress. Brewed coffee still works, but is lighter tasting.
Let your coffee cool down.
Add your ingredients: the milk, java chocolate chips, your crushed Oreos (save one!). Add your mocha sauce and blend well at a low speed for about a minute to mix your ingredients.
Add half a teaspoon of xanthan gum and add your crushed ice and mix at a medium speed and then a high speed.
The ideal consistency is smooth with a chunky consistency.
Prepare your tall glass and add a mocha drizzle along the interior of your tall glass. Pour your Frappuccino mixture into your glass and top with whipped cream and decorate with your spare Oreo cookie. Cut it half and place it as a decoration. Crush the other half and add the cookie crumbs to the whipped cream.
Add a drizzle of chocolate sauce to the whipped cream.
Serve and enjoy.
Frequently Asked Questions About Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino
How Much Caffeine Is In A Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino?
The amount of caffeine in a mocha cookie crumble frappuccino for all three drink sizes available is as follows:
- Tall 12 Oz (360 ml): 75 mg of caffeine.
- Grande 16 Oz (480 ml): 105 mg of caffeine.
- Venti 24 Oz (720 ml): 140 mg of caffeine.
The amount of caffeine in this frozen coffee drink is fairly reasonable, not high nor low. Normal.
Do Frappuccinos Count As Coffee?
Yes, all frappuccino drinks contain coffee, either a single or a double shot of espresso and thus frappuccinos count as coffee.
The only exception are the frappuccinos that contain the word crème in their name as these drinks are caffeine and coffee free.
Is A Frappuccino Healthy?
No, I would not call a frappuccino as healthy since they are loaded with sugar, calories and fat. There is nothing that suggests that this coffee drink is healthy. As a matter of fact, the top 4 of the most unhealthy drinks on the Starbucks menu are Frappuccino beverages.
Is Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino Hot?
No, a mocha cookie crumble frappuccino is a frozen drink. You can’t make this as a hot beverage as it depends on ice to give it a thick texture.
It may be possible to make a hot version using whipped cream, frothed milk or by adding an egg. You may need Xanthan gum to help thicken up a hot version.
What Does The Mocha Cookie Crumble Taste Like?
The mocha cookie crumble frappuccino has an intense taste of chocolate from the mocha sauce, which is intensified with the chocolate chips. The chocolate cookie crumble adds an excellent texture.
It’s a rich, sweet chocolate drink and has the taste of a high-quality chocolate milkshake with a caffeinated kick.
How Much Sugar Is In A Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino?
The amount of sugar that is in a frappuccino is something to be aware of simply because there is a lot! The amount of sugar in the three drink sizes are as follows:
- Tall 12 Oz (360 ml): 40 grams of sugar.
- Grande 16 Oz (480 ml): 55 grams of sugar.
- Venti 24 Oz (720 ml): 75 grams of sugar.
The daily maximum amount of sugar per day is 24 for women and 36 for men. With this in mind, it should indicate to you the concerns that I have regarding this drink.
Final Thoughts – Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino
I hope that you have enjoyed this mocha cookie crumble Frappuccino recipe and used that secret little ingredient Xanthan gum as it makes a big difference and helps you to get that thicker consistency and holds all the ingredients together.
Use it, and you won’t have the problem of all your ingredients separating.
Join our online coffee community on Facebook/Meta and share your mocha cookie crumble Frappuccino creation.