Last updated on October 24th, 2023 at 20:40
If you want to know how to make a Dunkin iced coffee at home like a pro, you have come to the right place.
In this article you will find an easy-to-follow recipe to make your own delicious copycat recipe to emulate dunkin’ iced coffee with suggestions on options for personalizing to your own taste.
Keep reading as we dig down on this topic and get you making great iced coffee!
How To Make Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee At Home – The Recipe
Table Of Contents
- 1 How To Make Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee At Home – The Recipe
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions About How To Make Dunkin Iced Coffee At Home
- 2.1 How Does Dunkin’ Donuts Make Their Iced Coffee?
- 2.2 Can You Just Add Ice To Coffee To Make Iced Coffee?
- 2.3 How Do You Make Iced Coffee Without Watering It Down?
- 2.4 Does Dunkin Put Sweetener In Their Iced Coffee?
- 2.5 Does Dunkin Iced Coffee Have Milk?
- 2.6 Why Does Dunkin Coffee Taste So Good?
- 2.7 What Cream Does Dunkin Use In Iced Coffee?
- 3 Frappé-Ing It All Up – How To Make Dunkin Iced Coffee At Home
There are few things as nice as cool, refreshing and well-made iced coffee on a hot day. You have two choices – make your own Dunkin’ Donuts copycat iced coffee beverage or go to your nearest Dunkins’ outlet and buy one.
This copycat recipe is one you make in about 5 mins and your tase buds will love you for it! Follow my instructions and ingredients to the letter and use your cocktail shaker, and you will have an excellent cold coffee that is instantly chilled.
Keep your eyes open for the Italian Shakerato technique.
Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee Ingredients
Let’s get down to listing the ingredients that you will need to make a copycat Dunkin’s Iced Coffee.
- 4.5 Ounces (135 grams) of Dunkin’ espresso-style ground coffee or Dunkin original blend coffee.
- 2 Ounces (60 grams) of granulated sugar.
- 18 ounces (540ml) of filtered or bottled cold water
- Ice cubes.
- Optional: Whipped cream.
- Optional: Cocktail shaker.
Follow the instructions. They are super easy.
- 1. Brew your coffee in a coffee maker using 9 ounces (270 ml) of filtered or bottled cold water. Any coffee maker is fine.
- 2. Mix your hot brewed coffee with the sugar in a coffee pot or pitcher. Stir well until your sugar has completely dissolved.
- 3. Add the remaining 9 ounces (270 ml) of water. Stir well.
- 4. Optional: Add a couple of ice cubes to your cocktail shaker and pour some of your brewed coffee. Shake vigorously for a minute.
- 5. Fill your coffee mug or glass with ice and pour your iced coffee over ice.
- 6 Optional: Top your coffee with whipped cream.
The effect of using your cocktail shaker and using the Italian Shakerato technique will instantly cool your hot coffee and make it ice-cold and help to stop your ice from melting and making your coffee watery.
Personalize Your Homemade Dunkins’ Iced Coffee To Your Taste.
The key to making a great cup of coffee is in the quality of your coffee beans and how you store them. Always buy the best coffee beans that you can find and afford.
There are various kinds of coffee that you can use, including single origin beans and coffee of a variety of roast levels and even flavored coffee beans, including popular choices like vanilla, salted caramel, hazelnut, chocolate, coconut and many more.
You can personalize iced coffee to suit your taste buds by changing the sweetener that you use from granulated sugar to brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, agave and stevia to name only a few options.
Also, you have a number of milk options that will have a dramatic effect on how your coffee will taste and its texture also. You can opt for dairy milk or vegan milk options like nut based milks.
Frequently Asked Questions About How To Make Dunkin Iced Coffee At Home
How Does Dunkin’ Donuts Make Their Iced Coffee?
Dunkin’ iced coffee is brewed with twice the amount of coffee as a regular coffee is and is then chilled by pouring it over ice. Their iced coffee is actually double brewed, which ensures that their iced coffee is rich and fresh in flavor.
Can You Just Add Ice To Coffee To Make Iced Coffee?
Iced coffee is not to be confused with cold-brewed coffee, which is coffee that is brewed while cold and with a very long extraction process that takes 12 to 24 hours to brew. Iced coffee is hot brewed coffee and then chilled by pouring it over ice.
How Do You Make Iced Coffee Without Watering It Down?
The easiest way of making iced coffee without watering down your coffee when your ice cubes are slowly melting is to make extra iced coffee and make iced coffee ice cubes.
This allows you to enjoy your iced coffee without the melting ice cubes melting and making your coffee watery.
Does Dunkin Put Sweetener In Their Iced Coffee?
the iced coffee and iced lattes at Dunkins’ are sweetened with granulated sugar. It is the standard sweetener that is used by the coffee chain.
Does Dunkin Iced Coffee Have Milk?
Dunkins’ offer a wide range of different milks for their iced coffee, such as:
- Coconut Milk.
- Almond Milk.
- Oat Milk.
- Skimmed Milk.
- Whole Milk.
Only skimmed and whole milk and cream are available for their frozen coffee drinks.
Why Does Dunkin Coffee Taste So Good?
The coffee at Dunkin coffee tastes so good because the coffee is 100% Arabica and is of a high quality premium grade based on their specifications and is ground and roasted specially for Dunkin’.
What Cream Does Dunkin Use In Iced Coffee?
Dunkin’ uses a light cream that is approximately 18% milk fat which means it has a higher fat content than half-and-half cream, which results in a creamier and thicker flavor and texture.
Frappé-Ing It All Up – How To Make Dunkin Iced Coffee At Home
There you go! If you have read this far, you know exactly how to make Dunkin iced coffee at home and save you both the time and expense of going to your nearest outlet – also you can brew up a large batch and keep it in your fridge for later.
Personally, I prefer to make iced coffee at home because I can personalize the taste more – what about you?
Join our cool coffee community and tell us about the amazing and brilliant new coffee beans that you are trying out and what you are making with them! Find us on Facebook/Meta!