Do you love cappuccino and are wondering just what the Best Cappuccino Flavors are?
Then you are absolutely in luck, as here in this article I will share with you a few flavoured cappuccino recipes.
I will also discuss what the best way to make this Italian classic at home is and how to make a flavored one and, for the newbie and curious, what exactly a cappuccino is.
Let’s get cracking shall we?
Flavored Cappuccino Recipes To Rock Your Taste Buds!
- 1 Flavored Cappuccino Recipes To Rock Your Taste Buds!
- 2 What Is A Cappuccino?
- 3 What Is The Best Way To Make A Cappuccino At Home Without A Machine?
- 4 What Is The Best Way To Make A Cappuccino At Home With An Espresso Machine?
- 5 How To Make Flavoured Cappuccino
- 6 How To Make French Vanilla Cappuccino With Espresso Machine
- 7 How To Make Hazelnut Cappuccino
- 8 How To Make A Maple Syrup Cappuccino
- 9 Frappé-ing It All Up!
There are a number of delicious flavoured cappuccino drinks that you can try to your heart’s content and leave your taste buds dancing in delight, with probably the most popular being French Vanilla or Mocha Cinnamon recipes.
…And a Chocolate Cappuccino to die for!
Before we get ahead of ourselves here — what exactly is a cappuccino?
What Is A Cappuccino?
A cappuccino is one of Italy’s most famed coffee drinks and available in coffee shops the world over. There is literally not a single coffee bar in the world where you cannot get the espresso based drink.
It is prepared most commonly with steamed milk foam or whipped cream. On occasions, you will see it being made with non-dairy milk substitutes.
Commonly used in coffee culture by baristas is chocolate, French vanilla, caramel and cinnamon to enhance the taste profile and flavor of the popular coffee drink.
A Freddo Cappuccino, often called Cappuccino Freddo, depending on where you are in the world, is a cold version of a cappuccino and is very, very nice on a hot day.
An Iced Cappuccino is, as the name suggests, an iced version of coffee drink.
A wet cappuccino, like all cappuccino drinks, has a shot of espresso with a rich smooth layer of foamy milk.
The term wet cappuccino is because it has a greater amount of steamed milk and less foam. A dry cappuccino has more foam and less steamed milk.
A cappuccino without espresso does not exist as there is no other coffee base used for making an authentic Italian cappuccino. The number of shots of espresso used can vary, though.
Personally, I like a large one with a double espresso.
A common error is mistaking a Frappuccino for a cappuccino. The term Frappuccino is just simply a trademark owned by Starbucks and is creme or a brewed coffee base. Upon request, you can have the brewed coffee replaced with an espresso shot.
What Is The Best Way To Make A Cappuccino At Home Without A Machine?
You have at your disposal a number of different ways in which you can make a good quality cappuccino at home.
As I proceed with this article, I will show you ways to make your drink both with and without an espresso machine and share with you the exact recipes and techniques that top baristas use.
How To Make A Cappuccino At Home Step By Step.
- First step, steam your milk by heating a cup of milk in a saucepan at an over medium heat then let the milk simmer. Once removed from the heat let it sit on flat surface.
- Step 2 now whip your milk using an electric mixer and increase the speed as your milk starts to get thicker.
- Coffee Time! Now make your coffee by using 2 tablespoons of espresso roast ground coffee beans per 6 ounces of water. You can use a drip coffee maker or a French press. Use the coffee brewing process that is most convenient or preferred by you.
- Cappuccino Time! Now it is time for you to make and enjoy one of the all time classic coffee drinks. A Traditional Italian Cappuccino requires you to make is as a 1/3 mix of espresso. 1/3 milk and 1/3 foam.
- Optional: Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of flavoured milk, syrups or add vanilla, cinnamon or vanilla for nice delicious drink to be savoured.
What Is The Best Way To Make A Cappuccino At Home With An Espresso Machine?
Undoubtedly, and by far, the best quality cappuccino that you can make at home will involve the use of an espresso machine. There is no debating the fact that to get a good espresso flavor you need a good espresso machine.
You also need espresso roasted coffee beans. A blend of coffee beans that are not espresso roasted will not end up with an espresso shot that is of the quality required for making an Italian Cappuccino.
You also need milk. Whole milk is by far the best as it is higher in fat and froths much better than low fat milk.
Ingredients and equipment at the ready and let’s go make a great cappuccino.
- Step one: Make your espresso shot using your espresso machine. Pull a double or triple as desired. The number of shots of espresso is up to you.
- Step two: using real milk or whole fat milk use your steam wand to steam your milk.
Pro Tip: Hold your steam wand a little below the milk surface until it doubles in quantity and is very foamy. Then lower your steam wand until your milk reaches 150F. Have a thermometer on hand to measure. With experience, you will be able to accurately judge the temperature without using a thermometer.
- Step three: Serve and enjoy measuring in your cup 1/3 of espresso, 1/3 of steamed milk and 1/3 of foam.
- Step four: Add sugar, liquid sugar cane or artificial sweetener as desired.
This is a bonafide original authentic cappuccino. Optional add caramel syrup or any flavored syrup or even hot chocolate as desired. A cheeky delight I like is a cappuccino macchiato with hazelnut drizzle for a nice treat. You can also experiment and try a cappuccino with chocolate syrup or chocolate powder.
The syrup works best for me, it is just more yummy!
How To Make Flavoured Cappuccino
There is no limit to the flavors of cappuccino that you can make. The list at Starbucks seems to grow by the season and as every year passes.
There is nothing difficult at all about making flavored cappuccino — just as long as you have the ingredients and equipment to make it you can do it. You can even experiment with your own tasty flavor or two.
To make this classic cup of coffee with the distinctive bold coffee taste and to a coffee shop barista standard, I will assume that you have a home espresso machine with a steam wand.
How To Make A Caramel Cappuccino
To make a great home made caramel cappuccino, you will need:
- A shot or two of espresso made with the best possible espresso beans. The quality of the beans that you use makes a big difference to the end result.
- Half a cup of milk, please use whole milk.
- 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce.
The most vital make or break part of making any great espresso-based coffee is the elaboration of a high quality espresso shot. Pay attention to this step and make as good a single or double shot as per your requirement.
Once your espresso shot is ready, add 2 tablespoons of sweet caramel sauce and stir well.
Now it is time for you to get your milk foam ready. This is a skill that is easily mastered with practice. Simply heat up your milk gently with the tip of the wand just below the milk surface and heat until you have a good quality milk foam.
Now use a spoon to scoop the foam into your espresso-caramel mix and top up with milk. For effect add a drizzle of caramel syrup on to the milk froth.
How To Make French Vanilla Cappuccino With Espresso Machine
Making a fabulous French vanilla cappuccino with your espresso machine is very easy and almost effortless. Follow the instructions and have your ingredients at the ready for what is a real cappuccino recipe that you will just love and want to make again and again.
French Vanilla Cappuccino Ingredients
- 3/4 of a cup of milk.
- A double or single shot of espresso.
- Half a vanilla bean or half a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Use Vanilla Syrup only as a last resort.
- Half a teaspoon of sugar, preferably brown sugar
Method And Step by Step Instructions
Start by pouring your milk and vanilla into a saucepan and heat until it slowly starts to bubble. Stir continuously to stop the milk and vanilla mixture from sticking to your saucepan and burning. Use whole milk as real cappuccinos need real milk.
Once your milk is ready, take your saucepan off the heat and add in your half teaspoon of brown sugar and stir until it is fully dissolved.
Now put your milk mixture into your milk jug and use your steam wand to make your foam. Add your milk and foam mixture to your double or single shot of espresso using a spoon to add a good amount of foam to your wet cappuccino.
Add a topping of cinnamon, just a dash sprinkled on to the top and viola, it is ready to enjoy.
How To Make Hazelnut Cappuccino
This one is delicious and a must-try!
- 1/2 a cup of whole fat milk.
- 2 tablespoons of hazelnut flavored syrup.
- 1/4 cup of hot water.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder or chocolate curls, for garnishing.
Method And Step-By-Step Instructions.
Step 1: Prepare your espresso shots, be it a single or double as per your own preference, by using high quality ground finely ground espresso roasted beans.
At Latte Love Brew we believe in the Ferrari principle of the best ingredients result in the best results. The best is subjective, we refer to the best you can afford.
Step 2: Prepare your milk and foam by using your milk frother. This technique is easy to learn and master. Keep the tip of the wand just below the surface of the milk.
Step 3: Pour two tablespoons of hazelnut syrup to your espresso shots and stir well until completely dissolved. Optional, no extra flavor benefit, add the hazelnut syrup to your milk.
Step 4: Prepare your drink by adding the frothed milk to your espresso hazelnut mix. Decorate with chocolate curls or sprinkle on a dash of cocoa powder.
Now sip and enjoy.
Step 5: Optional Add 2 tablespoons of chocolate sundae syrup at step 3 for an amazing chocolate hazelnut cappuccino.
How To Make A Maple Syrup Cappuccino
Perhaps one for Canadians and Americans a like to enjoy. Seriously, I am jealous – we simply cannot get enough of that golden syrup in Spain or Asia, where I frequent!
- One or two shots of espresso as required.
- 2 teaspoon of maple syrup.
- 3/4 cup of full fat milk.
- A dash of cocoa powder to garnish.
Method And Step-By-Step Instructions
Step 1: Prepare a single or double shot of espresso as required.
Step 2: Prepare and make your milk foam by keeping the tip of the steam wand just below the milk surface.
Step 3: Add your 2 teaspoons of maple syrup to your espresso shot and mix well. Variations of adding the syrup include adding it to the bottom of your mug prior to adding your espresso shot. Another is adding it to your milk mixture prior to heating and preparing your foam. The important part is to mix well.
Step 4: Add your milk and foam to the espresso and maple syrup mix and enjoy.
Step 5: Add a touch of cocoa powder to the milk foam.
Sit back, look cool and enjoy your maple syrup cappuccino.
Frappé-ing It All Up!
When it comes to the Best Cappuccino Flavors to make your drink with you have what I personally consider to be the 5 most delicious of them all.
You can use these recipes and make them as a perfect and traditional cappuccino, be it a dry cappuccino or a wet cappuccino. If the strong espresso is not for you, you can replace it with a strong black coffee.
Which of the 5 did you enjoy the most? Tell us on our Facebook page!